Wednesday, August 3, 2011

How to find faith if you really never had it?

Since I was younger, I never really had faith in religion, because I felt like everything was a lie and a hustle. When I go to church with my grandma, her preacher would pass around envelopes asking people for thousands of dollars, and she would feel because she couldn't give the church thousands of dollars. The preacher use to tell people if they did not pay their Tye's they would go to hell. And every other church I have been too after that, has just seemed crooked to me. That's why I never believed in religion. Period. I really did not believe in it because every single person I went to church with sinned almost daily. It was like they do whatever they want throughout the week, then ask for forgiveness on sundays. So to me religion was just a joke. I am not an atheist, but I guess I am agnostic. I kind of believe that I gave up religion without giving it a chance. But don't get me wrong, I've TRIED to believe in it. It just couldn't make myself do it. It just seemed like pure BS to me. I would rather read facts found by science than believe things in the bible. I guess I believe that every religion is based off of a fairytale and myths; it just became the best selling book ever. So how do I give religion a try, if I have troubles believing? I am open to any feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment