Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Should I denounce Christianity?

I had been a Christian for 3 years and recently I had studied the Christian faith.The bible Christian theology the evotion of Christian theology through out history, the history of the Christian church, the history of judaism,jewish culture in biblical times,Flavius Josephus, the history of the bible,both the old testament and new testament cannon,neurotheology which is how religion affects the brain and the alleged prophecies of the bible. Needless to say I discovered that Christianity is a deception and a belief system that polutes peoples minds with dillusion. However, at the same time I also recognize that it does do a lot of good for the community and in peoples lives and it did hekp me a lot to stay out of troubke and there are Christians I do respect, love and admire and I believe people have the right to believe in what they choose to. I now prctice buddhism though I really dont consider myself a buddhist. I agree with alot of buddhist ethics and i enjoy medition. I really dont give any importance to karma or reincarnation. Buddhism teaches to show love,compssion, equanimity towards all sentient beings and I agree with that but I have an internal tension against Christianity. I seriously believe that I can be a great opponent towards the expansion of this faith but dont know if it would be worth it to make myself an enemy of this religion. Christianity has and does continue to do a lot of evil however it also continues to inspire people to do a lot of good. I honostly believe the only reason people believe in this is because of ignorance and/or emotional attachment due to some benevolant experience in their lives. I heard a sermon the other day, a preacher was saying that the claims that Jesus made are so astronomical that one is obligated to preach them or speakout against them and denounce Jesus as a liar. But I dont know if what the gospels claim that Jesus said was what Jesus actually said, part of me wants to denounce this God dillusion n another doesnt

No comments:

Post a Comment